March is National Quilt Month and what better way to celebrate than to use your skills and talents to help others? All of our stores will be collecting handmade quilts (new or like new) for donation to organizations within our communities.
Ways You Can Help:
* Donate a hand crafted quilt (and receive a $5 gift card for doing so – limit 5 gift cards per person)
* Come sew a quilt with us at one of our in-store quilting events and learn a new technique (or practice one you already know) – dates for all stores coming soon!
* Drop off cotton fabric or batting at one of our stores and local quilt groups will make the donations into quilts.
Please keep in mind that this is a QUILT drive, not a BLANKET drive. Fleece tied blankets and the like will not be accepted, however if you’d like to donate them, we can pass them on to organizations like Project Linus. Blankets will not be eligible for the $5 gift cards.
* No store bought quilts will be accepted. The purpose of this is not only to donate quilts, but to share the love and care that goes into making each quilt.
* Lap quilts to queen-size quilts are welcome, with twin bed-sized quilts being needed.
* Have handmade quilts in your stash that you just made for fun or didn’t quite work out as planned but are still completely useable? Why not donate them? They’ll be loved by anyone who receives them!
Hilo & Kona – The Hilo and Kona stores will be donating all quilts to Hope Services Hawaii, who will be distributing the quilts to newly placed, formerly homeless families, and to the Children’s Justice Center, who will be giving the quilts to displaced/abused children.
For more information on Hope Services Hawaii, please click here
. For the Children’s Justice Center, please click here
– The Kauai store will be donating all quilts to Camp Agape, which services children who have incarcerated parents. For more information on this organization, please click here
– The Maui store will be donating quilts to Women Helping Women of Maui who assist women who have been victims of domestic violence. To learn more about this organization, please click here
In-Store Quilting Events:
For more information on any of these quilting events or to sign up, please contact the respective store.
Tuesday, March 13, 2018 (9:30AM)
Wednesday, March 14, 2018 (9:30AM)
Monday, March 19, 2018 (9:30AM)
Saturday, March 24, 2018 (9:30AM)
-Please sign up in advance for any of the themed sessions so that we have enough kits for everyone.-
to find out more about these classes.
Friday, March 09, 2018 (10AM – 4PM) – Crazy Quilts for Charity
Thursday, March 15, 2018 (10AM – 4PM) – UFOs for Charity
Friday, March 16, 2018 (10AM – 4PM) – Quick Bow Tie Quilt
Saturday, March 17, 2018 (2M – 6PM) – Open Sew
Thursday, March 22, 2018 (10AM – 4PM) – Open Sew
Friday, March 23, 2018 (10AM – 4PM) – Open Sew
Saturday, March 24, 2018 (10AM – 4PM) – Pineapple Foundation Paper Piecing
Thursday, March 29, 2018 (10AM – 4PM) – Fans for Charity
Friday, March 30, 2018 (10AM – 4PM) – Open Sew
Saturday, March 31, 2018 (10AM – 4PM) – Open Sew
-All of the Kauai sessions are styled as a quilt-as-you-go type of event. Machines will be provided, however if you are able to, please bring your own machine so that we can have as many people participate as possible.-
Wednesday, March 21, 2018 (10AM – 3PM)
Friday, March 30, 2018 (10AM – 3PM)
Wednesday, March 14, 2018 (10AM)
Saturday, March 24
Monday, March 26, 2018 (10:30AM)
Thursday, March 29, 2018 (10:30AM)
If you have any questions regarding our quilt drive, please feel free to contact any of our stores or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.