It’s back! We’re once again having our Halloween Costume Contest! With Halloween just around the corner, you’re going to want to get started on this year’s creation ASAP!
Here’s the rundown:
There will be three (3) categories: Keiki, Adult, and Pets. Please make sure you read all of the guidelines before you enter.
- All costumes must be at least 75% homemade. The purpose of this contest is to show off your sewing, embroidery, and quilting skills, not to see who can buy the best costume.
- Materials must have been purchased at one of our Discount Fabric Warehouse locations. In your description, please note what you purchased at DFW and how the materials were used. (This is not to say that all of your materials must have been purchased at our stores. But please use proper judgement. We believe that around 50% purchased at DFW is a good starting point.)
- Costume must have been made for Halloween 2017. Costumes for Cosplay conventions, previous Halloween costumes, and costume party costumes cannot be entered.
- If entering the Keiki category, the child wearing the costume must be 17 years old or younger.
You may enter more than one costume. We encourage it if you are making costumes for different people. However, each costume must be entered separately. Group photos will not be accepted.
How To Enter
Submit your entry on our Costume Contest Entry Page. All rules and guidelines will be listed on that page as well as the submission form.
There will be three places for each category:
- 1st place will receive a Discount Fabric Warehouse gift certificate valued at $100
- 2nd place will receive a Discount Fabric Warehouse gift certificate valued at $50
- 3rd place will receive a Discount Fabric Warehouse gift certificate valued at $25
Gift certificates are only valid in our 4 Discount Fabric Warehouse locations and are not usable on Got Fabric, our online fabric store.
For more information, please visit our Terms and Conditions page. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Halloween Costume Contest.”
Happy Sewing and Creating!