The Entry Period for the 2016 Halloween Costume Contest has ended! Please visit our Discount Fabric Warehouse Facebook page to vote for your favorite costumes!
It’s back! We’re once again having our Halloween Costume Contest! There have been a few changes, but they were all made to make this easier for you! Last year, we had such a great response, we couldn’t wait to let you know about this year’s contest!
Here’s the rundown:
There will be three (3) categories: Keiki, Adult, and Pets. Here’s where the bulk of our changes come. Make sure you read all of the guidelines before you enter.
- All costumes must be at least 75% homemade. The purpose of this contest is to show off your sewing, embroidery, and quilting skills, not to see who can buy the best costume.
- 75% of the materials must have been purchased at one of our Discount Fabric Warehouse locations. In your description, please note what you purchased at DFW and how the materials were used.
- Costume must have been made for Halloween 2016. Costumes for Cosplay conventions, previous Halloween costumes, and costume party costumes cannot be entered.
- If entering the Keiki category, the child wearing the costume must be 17 years old or younger.
Have you noticed that we went for a more traditional route this year? Feedback from last year noted that having pictures of kids in the Adult category confused many people. So we decided to do it this way this year. We know when to admit we didn’t get it right the first time.
You may enter more than one costume. We encourage it if you are making costumes for different people.
How To Enter
**The submission period has ended. Please watch for our costume contest coming back in September 2017!**
There will be three places for each category:
- 1st place will receive a Discount Fabric Warehouse gift certificate valued at $100
- 2nd place will receive a Discount Fabric Warehouse gift certificate valued at $50
- 3rd place will receive a Discount Fabric Warehouse gift certificate valued at $25
Gift certificates are only valid in our 4 Discount Fabric Warehouse locations and are not usable on Got Fabric, our online fabric store.
For more information, please visit our Terms and Conditions page. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Halloween Costume Contest.”
Happy Sewing and Creating!