Perfect Dress Form
Location: Discount Fabric Warehouse – Kauai
This is an intermediate class. In this class you will learn how to create your very own custom dress form. The first class will be all about measuring and learning how to get the pattern online. The second class will be to cut out the pattern and start the sewing process. The third class will be learning how to stuff the pattern and make everything fit properly. This is an intense class with lots of really great information. Plus you will end up with a dress form that you can use over and over again.
Tentative Class Outline:
Custom Dressform Class
- Measuring, Printing & Prepping Pattern (2Hr)A. Class
1. Take Measurements and fill out chart
1. Create a account at https://patterns.
2. Enter Measurements and purchase the pattern
3. Print pattern or send to printers
4. Assemble Pattern & cut out
5. Buy supplies
6. Preshrink Fabric and Lining (Wash and use Dryer)
7. Iron Interfacing on Wrong Side of Main Fabric
- Cutting out the Pattern (2Hr)A. Class
1. Layout and Cutout Interfaced Main Fabric & Lining
2. Mark pattern pieces
3. Start Sewing the Dressform
1. Finish sewing the Dressform
III Finish and Stuffing the Dressform (2Hr)
- How to Stuff and measure
- Putting bottom piece inApproximate Cost:
BOOTSTRAP FASHION DRESSFORM COSTS NOVEMBER 2017 ITEM AMOUNT Bootstrap Dressform PDF Pattern $24.00 Print Pattern $10.00 Tape $2.00 Fabric $17.50 Interfacing $20.00 Lining Fabric $10.00 Thread $5.75 Zippers x2 $3.50 Fiberfill $18.00 PVC Pipe $4.20 Sponges x2 $5.00 Gorilla Glue $4.40 TOTAL $124.35
To register, please come in to the Kauai store. We are unable to process online registrations at this time. Space is limited, so sign up soon to secure your spot! If you have any questions, please contact us at (808) 246-2739.